Tanggal 24 September 2008 kemarin, Sony Ericsson mengumumkan fitur terbarunya dalam layanan musik, yaitu PlayNow™ Plus – Unlimited Music Download, yang dalam peluncuran pertamanya akan dipaket dengan seri Walkman terbaru, yaitu W902. Sayangnya layanan ini saat ini baru terbatas pada provider Telenor di Swedia. Mudah-mudahan layanan ini akan segera dikembangkan ke seluruh dunia, termasuk Indonesia.
24 September 2008
PlayNow™ plus to launch with Telenor in Sweden in fourth quarter this year
Lund, Sweden—September 24th 2008—Sony Ericsson today announced the launch of PlayNow™ plus, which will offer users the ultimate mobile music experience with the freedom to discover, download, play and recommend unlimited amounts of music wherever they are and whenever they like, directly over the mobile data network.
PlayNow™ plus is due to set a new standard for the unlimited music experience on a mobile with unrivalled download speeds, high-quality audio and access to the largest music catalogue of any unlimited download service. Sony Ericsson’s PlayNow™ plus music service guarantees ‘all-you-can-eat’ unlimited access to millions of music tracks.
PlayNow™ plus is very easy to use, with millions of songs available on your PC or phone at the click of a button. No need for cables, PlayNow™ plus offers simplicity and a great out of box experience with 1000 of the best selling songs already in the phone.
- Turn on the PlayNow™ plus phone and start to browse, download, and play unlimited amounts of music—anytime, anywhere
- PlayNow™ plus brings you 1000 of the recent most popular songs, both locally and globally, already preloaded and access to millions more.
- Using the latest high speed mobile networks you can now enjoy super fast downloads. Music is downloaded to your phone in seconds.
Enjoy music on the move and at home:
- As well as being able to browse millions of tracks on your phone, a complimentary PC player is available allowing you to download and play as much music as you like on your PC.
Ease of Use:
- There is no more need for slow and cumbersome cables to get music from your PC onto your phone. Send your favourite playlist from home to phone in a matter of seconds.
Keep your favourite music forever:
- Keep your most-played music tracks at the end of your contract to play whenever you like on whatever MP3 compatible player you have.
Share the experience:
- Create your own profile, recommend your music to your PlayNow™ plus friends, and catch up on the latest music news with direct links to artists and their songs.
- To add to the discovery and community aspects of PlayNow plus, TrackID™ charts, generated by Sony Ericsson consumers around the world, are also included.
“All mobile consumers want to have content on their phone, but many find the experience difficult, slow and time consuming,” said Lennard Hoornik, Corporate Vice President and Head of Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “With PlayNow™ plus, there will be no more barriers, we’re giving consumers the freedom to instantly discover, download, play and recommend all the music they want—anytime, anywhere.”
The service is due to launch commercially with operator Telenor in Sweden in the fourth quarter of this year, with further roll-outs around the world beginning in 2009. A special edition of the Sony Ericsson W902 Walkman™ phone including the PlayNow™ plus service will be the first phone to be launched. Sony Ericsson will include, as part of the service, 1000 of the recent most popular digital songs, with each Sony Ericsson W902 Walkman™ with PlayNow™ plus for Telenor in Sweden. Pre-loaded music offers are also planned for subsequent PlayNow™ plus-enabled phones.
“As a mobile operator our main objective is to enable easy-to-access services to our customers. PlayNow™ plus is accessible anywhere, rich in content and easy for our customers to control through the flat-rate pricing. We are convinced this service will take the mobile music experience to a new level”, said Gunilla Dyrhage, Head of Marketing, Consumer, Telenor Sweden.
The Telenor offer for the launch in Sweden includes:
- Unlimited access to millions of songs
- Sony Ericsson W902 Walkman™ phone: 5 mega pixel autofocus camera,8GB storage capacity, Clear audio experience
- 1000 of the recent most popular local and global digital songs preloaded
- At the end of the subscription, the consumer will keep a large number of their most played songs, forever that can be played on any MP3 player